Our Commitment to SDGs
As a Foundation we are committed to supporting the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals as we share the belief that if everyone makes a little change, it can contribute to a big impact globally.
As an organisation we have committed ourselves to actively work on the following 7 goals:
Good health and wellbeing
Sustainable cities and communities
Affordable & clean energy
Responsible consumption and production
Each SDG puts local action into a global context, we believe that we can start impacting on our chosen goals by making some simple changes to our day-to-day operations.
So far we have:
- Created a working group who act as ambassadors to encourage the implementation of SDGs into all aspects of the Foundations work.
- Signed up to the Funders Commitment on Climate Change.
- Created a sustainable events commitment for the events we host.
- Started a review of our grant making including how we can encourage applicants to think about sustainability within their projects.
- Incorporated the SDG’s into our Vital Signs publication which is launched annually.
Sustainable Events Commitment
As an organisation who runs events SDG 12 - Responsible Consumption & Production is at the forefront of our minds. We want to ensure we are avoiding waste, along with encouraging sustainable consumption and production where possible.
Therefore, we have adopted the following steps in our journey to responsible consumption & production:
- Source local caterers for plant-based or vegetarian menus to help reduce CO2 emissions derived from meat.
- Obtain guests’ special dietary requirements in advance to prevent food waste.
- Car sharing to events where possible.
- Recyclable or reusable decorations and tableware.
- Limited number of printed information, those that are printed will be on recyclable paper.
- Recycle materials which cannot be used at the end of the event.
Make an enquiry
Have any questions? Feel free to get in touch with our team.