Supporting - Inspiring - Leading
Milton Keynes Community Foundation is an independent charity working for and at the heart of Milton Keynes. We connect people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive impacts and enduring solutions for our communities.
Our Vision is for a thriving Milton Keynes where everyone is contributing to their community
Our Mission is to connect people with resources, skills and ideas to enrich lives and create positive growth for Milton Keynes. We achieve our mission through three themes of:
To support the growth and development of our voluntary community and cultural sector
To inspire giving to our communities through philanthropy*1 and other social action
To take a lead in connecting and growing sustainable communities
Our Value Statements
- A diverse, vibrant, well supported voluntary, community and cultural sector is the key to any thriving community
- All communities benefit from effective connections between sectors - business, public, community and cultural
- Everyone’s contribution matters and should be valued and encouraged
- Fairness, diversity and equality of access are the basic foundations of every community
- The needs of today should be balanced with the need to invest for the future
- Openness, transparency and accountability are the bedrock for building a sense of community ownership and belonging.
Our Strategic Goal is to build a resilient, creative, inclusive and philanthropic community.
With our donors help we transform lives and strengthen communities across Milton Keynes
- We support local people who are working to make a real difference to vulnerable, isolated and disadvantaged people in MK.
- We specialise in awarding grants to smaller, lesser-known charities and groups alongside supporting well-known charities such as MK YMCA and Ride High.
- We make it easier for local people to support the whole community, giving money as individuals, families and businesses.
- We make it easy for charities and Community Groups to apply for funding and support from us.
In 2016-17 we provided over £1.7 million in grants to local charities and groups
We are proud to provide support that helps make Milton Keynes a better place to live and work in for thousands of people.
Our supporters’ generosity helps us meet the immediate needs of MK as well as building up an endowment to help people for many years to come. See the grants that we have awarded.
"Thanks to the Community Foundation we now have a purpose built play area. It has given the children in our refuge a safe, fun place to play and start to move on from the effects of domestic abuse"
Let's not lose touch
From time to time we would like to get in touch to keep you up-to-date with what we are doing. Due to changes in fundraising regulations, we now require you to actively opt into receiving communication from us.
We will ask you to select your preferences regarding:
Membership Literature - Campaign Literature e.g. Surviving Winter - Event Invites - Webletter - Letters - Phone - Text - Email.