The MK Community Foundation accepts funding applications from not-for-profit organisations working for the benefit of the community in the unitary authority of Milton Keynes.
In order to submit an application, to provide fair assessments, we understand applicants need tailored support.
If you have a disability or English is not your primary language, and require access support contact the Grants Team and we will help you submit application documents. If this is the first time you are applying for funding, we can talk you through the process; if you are developing your grant writing skills in partnership with Community Action MK we offer Meet the Funder sessions which offer more in depth information. If you are a seasoned grant writer and need additional information, or would like some help with making an application, don’t hesitate to contact the Grants Team.
For groups or organisation applicants there are:
- Micro Grants (up to 200)
- Small Grants (up to 1,500)
- Community Grants (up to 5,000)
- Surviving Winter Grants (up to 5,000)
- STEP Grants (up to 25,000)
- Comic Relief
For Individual applicants there are:
- Arts Prize (8,000)
- Adams Prize for Traditional Crafts Practitioners (2,000)
- Sports Prize (2,000)
- Christopher Hopkinson Memorial Music Prize (1,000)
- Adams Prize for Innovation in Engineering Prize (2,000)
IMPORTANT all 'organisation' grant applications must include the following:
- Audited accounts OR Income and Expense list and Minutes from the last 2 Management meetings for the last 12 months, from the date of your application.
- A list of the names and addresses of your management (governing) committee
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Vulnerable Adult Policy (if applicable)
- Child Protection Policy (if you are working with people under 18)
- CVs of professionals or trainers you will employ for this project
- 2 quotes for all items over £50 which you are requesting to fund
Give yourself enough time. We cannot award a grant to fund an event or project that has already happened. Your application needs to arrive far enough ahead that you will get our decision back before you have to spend any money.