The Milton Keynes Community Foundation is a local independent grant-making charity and one of 54 Community Foundations in the UK that raises funds from individual and corporate donors and makes grants to local charities and voluntary groups, directing donor funds to effectively meet the needs of the community.
The UK Community Foundation (UKCF) has developed standards in Grant Making, Philanthropy and Donor Services, Community Engagement, Finance, Governance, Communications and Definition. MK Community Foundation has achieved this Quality Accreditation, which is endorsed by the Charity Commission.
Each year Milton Keynes Community Foundation awards grant funding to support a wide range of projects that benefit local people.
To provide fair assessments, we understand applicants need tailored support.
If you have a disability or English is not your primary language and you require access support, contact the Grants Team; we will help you submit application documents. Or, if this is the first time you are applying for funding, we can talk you through the process. If you are developing your grant writing skills in partnership with Community Action MK we offer Meet the Funder sessions which offer more in depth information. If you are a seasoned grant writer and need additional information, or would like some help with making an application, don’t hesitate to contact the Grants Team.
We are able to accept applications from:
- Constituted non-profit community and voluntary groups
- Registered charities
- Social Enterprises
- Faith Organisations
- Community Interest Companies (subject to approval from our Grants team)
- Parish Councils (for projects outside of the PC’s statutory obligations)
We cannot accept applications in which one or more signatory has been convicted of a crime involving fraud or theft.
What Will We Fund?
- Revenue Costs – for example: venue hire, rent, wages, training, materials, travel
- Capital Costs – such as equipment, building modifications
- Project grants
- Limited multi-year funding - such as projects that lead to generating and sustaining income for not-for-profit enterprises
What We Cannot Fund
- Statutory Obligations (schools, local authority, hospitals, etc.)
- Retrospective Funding – for work that has already been paid for / carried out
- Profit-making Enterprises
- The Promotion of a Religion
- Medical Research or Treatment