We seek highly motivated people who are passionate about philanthropy to join our Board of Trustees to play an important strategic role in increasing our impact and reach in the communities of Milton Keynes.
MK Community Foundation is an independent charity working for and at the heart of Milton Keynes. We connect people and resources to projects and ideas that create a positive impact for our whole borough. In 2019 - 20, we delivered more than £2.3 million to support our local community.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience sought
Whilst we need Trustees with strategic planning, business planning and governance experience, we are particularly looking for people from communities currently underrepresented on our board (those with lived experience of disability, BAME, LGBTQ+ and young people) with one or more of the following areas of knowledge:
- Accountancy qualified / Finance
- Human Resources / Staff management
- High level fund raising / income generation
- Property management & property development experience
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Organisational and change management
- IT and social media flair
- Marketing and communication
- High level networking and relationship building
- Understanding of the local communities of Milton Keynes, the voluntary community and cultural sector
Additionally, through our Vital Signs initiative, we are hoping to attract people with expertise in very specific areas. This year focus is on Diversity, Health & Wellbeing, Disadvantage & Poverty, Crime & Safety. Follow the link below for more detailed information of all these knowledge areas.
Duties of Trustees of the Board
The Board is responsible for the governance of MK Community Foundation. Each Trustee needs to be prepared to give their time, expertise and to make an important contribution to the Community Foundation's strategic aims that requires:
- Embracing the Community Foundation’s values and being an ambassador for the Community Foundation
- Making a commitment to regular attendance at Board, and other Committee meetings
- Attending a range of receptions and events
- Involvement in the Community Foundation's grant and philanthropy activities
- Introducing your own network to the Community Foundation
- Supporting and maintaining awareness of the Community Foundation's activities and those of the local voluntary sector
- Becoming a member (of the charity/company) of MK Community Foundation (subscription is currently £10 per month).
The appointment of Trustees is a two-stage process. Please express your initial interest in writing to Karen Cooper, email@example.com by Monday 26th October and contact Karen or call 01908 714206 if you have any queries or would like to arrange an informal discussion with the Chair of Trustees or Chief Executive.
Closing Date for formal applications: 9.00 am on Monday 2nd November 2020. Those short-listed will be invited for interview week commencing 9th November.