MK Community Foundation are pleased to launch a new Transformation Grants programme, for one-off grants of over £5,000 taking place within a 12-month period. This programme will replace the Extraordinary Grants programme.
The maximum grant size will depend on your project, as many of our funding streams are restricted to specific criteria, so we strongly recommend that you discuss your project with a member of the Philanthropy Team about the size of application we might be able to consider before applying. We expect that typical awards will range from £15,000 to £25,000.
We are particularly eager to support:
- Projects addressing issues highlighted in Vital Signs (you may wish to refer to Vital Signs short and long reports from the last few years available Here), which are able to evidence the difference they will make
- Project-specific funding working towards clearly set outcomes, rather than a varied range of activities working towards an overarching goal
- Sustainable projects providing long-term solutions beyond the grant period
- Projects which get “ahead of the curve” in addressing new, emergent, or as yet unmet needs in Milton Keynes
- Organisations working in partnership (please note, partnership proposals will still require one lead organisation to make the application)
- Projects where support from the Community Foundation would leverage funding from other sources into Milton Keynes
- Projects that support any of the other strategic aims of the MK Community Foundation, as outlined in our Strategic Plan 2018-2023 available here.
What we can and can’t fund
- Please ensure you fully review our Grants Policy and Eligibility Criteria, as these apply across all our grant-making programmes.
- Core costs are not eligible, except in exceptional circumstances
- Staff costs may be considered, but only for project-specific hours
- Projects must take place within a 12-month period, to commence within 6 months of the grant award date, except in exceptional circumstances.
Who can apply
In additional to our normal eligibility criteria:
- We will only consider applications from organisations with a history of successful management of grants of £5,000 or more
- We are unlikely to consider organisations who do not have a track record of successfully managing MK Community Foundation funding through one or more of our other grant programmes
- Organisations that have been in operation for less than 12 months are not eligible to apply
How to apply
Applications will follow a two-stage process, with applications shortlisted between stages one and two, based on an assessment against our normal criteria and the programme priorities.
To commence the first stage, please complete the form at the bottom of this page. If you have not already spoken to a member of the Philanthropy Team about your project, we strongly recommend you do so before submitting.
Please note that the following is intended as guidance only and may be subject to change:
Stage One Applications: deadline 22nd Feb
Shortlisting: w/c 25th February, with applicants notified shortly thereafter
Stage Two Applications: deadline 1st April
Panel Decision: late May 2019
A second round of Stage One Applications is anticipated to launch in June 2019.
Stage One Application
Please answer all questions below, and demonstrate how your project meets the programme priorities detailed above. Stage one applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on 22nd February 2019.