About the Role:
As Finance Director, you would have a leading role in shaping the Community Foundation’s future as we bring to life our new Strategic Plan. The Finance Director is a key member of the Strategic Leadership Team working directly with the Chief Executive and Board whilst managing the Finance Team and supporting the Philanthropy and Conferencing Teams. As Finance Director, you would have considerable input into the management of our property and community land portfolio with oversight of the management of our invested endowment funds. As a key strategic leader, you will ensure the Community Foundation delivers its mission to connect people with resources, skills and ideas to enrich lives and create growth for Milton Keynes achieved through our themes of Supporting, Inspiring and Leading.
What we need from you:
- Enthusiasm and energy demonstrating a close affinity to the work of the Community Foundation
- Ambition and drive to develop and grow the organisation’s impact and reach
- Imagination and creativity, to see connections and make connections to release the organisation’s potential
- Well-developed people skills that bring out the very best of people, working across teams in a supportive and co-operative manner so that a dynamic, positive solution-focused culture is enhanced and nurtured
- Exceptional communication skills articulate with the ability to relate to the voluntary sector, donors and members to establish a rapport and credibility with a range of people.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Proven management and financial accountancy skills with strong lateral thinking and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial matters in relation to property management
- Ability to adjust working hours particularly around audit time
- Excellent research and assessment and written skills, and an ability to develop creative solutions
- Knowledge of the local voluntary sector and how the sector enhances the quality of life for local people
- Exceptional IT skills with a desire to continuously innovate and improve the usage and efficiency of our ITC
Salary: c. £32,400 pa for a 24-hour week
Location: Acorn House, Central Milton Keynes
Flexible Hours: Between 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday
Details: Part-Time, permanent. Hours to be reviewed after six months
The Community Foundation:
The Milton Keynes Community Foundation connects people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change in our communities through programmes such as grants making on-line fundraising portal our annual Charity Car Raffle. We are leaders in developing philanthropy in our community and engaging with people and companies who have the ability to give money so that we can fund a wide range of voluntary and community sector activity. Over the last 33 years, MK Community Foundation has provided over £23millon of support to local charities and community groups through our grants programme and rent subsidies, helping to make Milton Keynes a great place to live and work.
What to do next:
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Karen Cooper on 01908 714206
Application closing date: Monday 16th September 2019 at 9:00 am
Interview date: Week commencing 30th September 2019
*Please note that CVs are not accepted and applicants cannot apply through an agency.*