MK Community Foundation is pleased to announce our new Arts Bursary, delivered in partnership with Milton Keynes Council. Applications are open to individual artistic practitioners in Milton Keynes, practicing any form of art. Each of the 6 £500 bursary is intended to help individuals to make new developments in their creative practice and help them to achieve excellence in their future work.
Please read the aims, eligibility criteria, and scoring below.
The aim of this bursary is:
“To support Milton Keynes based artists, who are showing the potential for excellence, in the next step in the development of their creative practice where support will help them develop their practice, grow their capacity, skills, and ambition, to deliver new work of significance in future.”
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be living in the Unitary Authority Area of Milton Keynes, and have been living in the Unitary Authority Area of Milton Keynes for at least 3 years
- Be an artistic practitioner of any art form
- Be an individual aged 18 or over
- Have a clear and considered plan for how they would use the bursary. Be able to explain how this will help them develop their practice in new ways, make a difference to their work, and how this would allow them to deliver significant new work in future
- Be able to provide evidence of potential for excellence through their CV, examples of previous work, and letter of support from an arts organisation.
Please note that this bursary is intended to support individuals whose creative practice is their main work and source of income, to enable the next step in their development.
Applications will be scored by a panel on:
- Their previous work (including examples of work, evidence of experience and strength of their letter of support)
- The strength of proposal (including clarity, evidence of skills or capacity building, impact on their ability to develop future work, and overall fit with the aims of the bursary)
Please note that as these £500 bursaries are aimed at supporting a diverse range of artists and varied art forms. It is unlikely that two artists practising the same art form will both be supported in the same round.
Successful applicants will be asked to sign a bursary agreement, report on their development following receipt of the bursary, and take part in publicity around the award.
How to Apply
Please fill in the attached application form and supply the necessary images and documentation.
Please return your completed form and all supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to MK Community Foundation, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP.
You will receive confirmation from MK Community Foundation that your application has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation, please get on touch as soon as possible, as it may mean we have not received your application.
When is the deadline for this round?
All applications must be received completed and with all the necessary supporting paperwork by the deadline, 4:30pm Monday 27th August 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered. Applicants will hear if they have been successful by October 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact the Philanthropy Team on 01908 690276