Join in our September Spectacular Challenge in partnership with Localgiving; offering you the chance to match your donations!
This time MK Community Foundation is giving away £20,000!
Support a local group
Keep an eye out for local groups on social media who are taking part in the challenge and take advantage of this chance to have your donations doubled!
Update - 19th September 10.00am
Remaining funds available after all of yesterday’s donations are as follows:
Community Fund: The Community Fund has now run out!
Margaret Powell Foundation Fund: Over £3,000!
Starts: Monday 10th September at 10am
Ends: Friday 21st September at 12pm, or whenever the pot runs out—whichever comes first!
For Community Fund: Up to £500 for one-time donations and £500 maximum match per group. This can be one big donation or lots of smaller ones.
For Margaret Powell Fund: Up to £1,000 for one-time donations and £1,000 maximum match per group. This can be one big donation or lots of smaller ones.
How to take part: You must be a Milton Keynes group and be registered on Localgiving in order to participate in the match challenge. Donations received via the Localgiving website during the course of the match will be eligible for match funding.
£10,000 comes from our unrestricted Community Fund, which is open to all Milton Keynes groups on Localgiving. All you need to do to access this pot is receive donations via your Localgiving account after the match begins. It’s good to be aware that this pot will run out quickly, so make sure your supporters are ready to donate as early as possible after 10.00am on Day One.
Margaret Powell Fund (Deadline to apply for Margaret Powell Fund is 7th September)
The remaining £10,000 of the match funding pot will come from the Margaret Powell Foundation Fund. If your group or project meets the following criteria, you’ll be able to access it:
To fund voluntary and community groups delivering projects that benefit frail, elderly people and people with disabilities regardless of age. Ideally, organisations should seek to encourage integration and social cohesion.
You don’t have to be a group dedicated to these issues, as long as you plan to spend your match money in a way that addresses them—for example getting older people more involved in your group, or making your premises more accessible.
In order to access the Margaret Powell Foundation Fund, you should complete the registration form. You do not need to fill out this form if you are only eligible for the Community Fund.
Terms and Conditions
- Normal Localgiving donation and membership terms and conditions apply. See Localgiving website for details.
- Gift Aid will not be matched
- Updates of the funds available will be posted on the MK Community Foundation website once daily on Monday to Friday throughout the course of the match.
- An email will be sent to all groups when we are aware that the funds have gone. It is the responsibility of groups to ensure that the MK Community Foundation has the correct email address.
- The MK Community Foundation website will be updated when the funds have gone.
- Donations made after the fund is spent will not be matched.
- Existing direct debits that are paid during the challenge will be matched.
- New direct debits that are set up and paid during the challenge will be matched.
- Donations made through fundraising, appeals, or the main donation page will be matched.
- Match funding totals will be in whole pounds (GBP) only. For example, if you receive a total of £30.70 eligible donations while funds remain, you will be matched £30 only.
- From the Community Fund, Groups will be allowed up to £500 worth of donations matched. This can be achieved through many individual donations or one £500 donation.
- From the Margaret Powell Fund, Groups will be allowed up to £1,000 worth of donations matched. This can be achieved through many individual donations or one £1,000 donation.
- Groups that register for the Margaret Powell Foundation Fund will also be eligible to have donations match from the unrestricted pot.
- Groups are responsible for tracking their own donations, and notifying supporters when they have reached the maximum matchable total for either funds as stated above.
- Groups are responsible for ensuring all contact information is correct with both Localgiving and the MK Community Foundation.
- Groups will be sent a cheque for the amount of their match within 1 month of the closing date of the match challenge.
- A charge of £20 will be levied for any match cheque reissue not necessitated through fault or error by the MK Community Foundation, such as incorrect or out of date contact information supplied or loss of cheques by recipients.
Not already a member of Localgiving?
There are a lot of great reasons to sign up now, including:
- Gift Aid on donations, even if you’re not a registered charity.
- Regular match challenges, including the September Spectacular, where you can double donations.
- Your first year free through MK Community Foundation’s Kickstart Programme!
Your membership will need to be validated and ready to receive donations in order to benefit from the September Spectacular, so now is the time to act!
Please do arrange a meeting with us to discuss the benefits of Localgiving. We can also come to you—we would love to answer your committee’s questions, so please let us know when your next meeting is and one of the team will pop along!
Get in touch with the Philanthropy Team with any questions. Don’t forget, your first year is free through our Kickstart Programme—ask us for a promo code!
Tel: 01908 690 276 (Mon-Thu, 8:30am-5:00pm; Fri 8:30am-4:30pm)