General Complaints Procedure
Milton Keynes Community Foundation welcomes feedback, both positive and negative regarding the services it provides to members and other donors, as well as to the wider community. Feedback is a useful tool, which helps us to monitor and improve our overall service, as the interests of all our members and other donors are vitally important to the Community Foundation.
What is a complaint?
A complaint arises when an individual or group is dissatisfied with the Milton Keynes Community Foundation.
What to do if you have a complaint
In the first instance, details of the complaint should be directed to the appropriate Director of Milton Keynes Community Foundation. You should state:
- What the complaint is about
- Specify the member(s) of staff, trustee, adviser or governing committee involved
- When the event about which you are complaining occurred and if it is still happening
- What action / remedy you would expect to see as an outcome
What will happen when your complaint is received?
- You will receive an acknowledgement within five working days advising you who is dealing with your complaint and when you may expect a more detailed report
- The person responsible will investigate all aspects of your complaint, allowing others who are directly involved to make their contribution. This may mean further information or evidence is sought from you
- A report, together with details of any action taken or recommendations for further action, will be sent to you within fourteen working days of receipt of the original letter reaching our office. If it is not possible to provide a full report within this timescale, you will be notified and an interim report shall be posted to you giving details of any action still to be taken.
- Complaints will be monitored and information from this will be incorporated within the planning process as appropriate
What to do if you are not satisfied with the response?
If you are not satisfied with the response and decision you may write to the Chief Executive of the Community Foundation, who will acknowledge your appeal within 5 working days of receiving your letter. An investigation will be carried out and a full reply will be sent to you within an agreed timescale. The decision of the Chief Executive is final.
All complaints received will be recorded in the Community Foundation’s Complaints Register and reported to the Board of Trustees.
To give MK Community Foundation feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Milton Keynes Community Foundation, Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP.